As you may have gleaned from the title, this blog will be about gaming, specifically role-playing games. The impetus for this finally coming to fruition was the recent North Texas Role-Playing Game Convention here in DFW. This year was my third year to attend, and while it was a holy heap of fun as usual, seeing all of the products there and talking to now-fellow bloggers really fueled my creative fires, especially since my large ego told me I had something worth saying as well.
![]() |
| Your illustrious blogger, middle right, gaming at NTRPGcon |
I've been playing RPG's since those wonderful, responsibility-free days of college in the early and mid-1980's, and although I am now married with a kid, I still long for the marathon gaming sessions of those days long-gone now. Over the past 15 years or so, I've been piddling around with my own gaming world for D&D, but I think I'm putting that world and game system on the back-burner now and starting anew.
This blog will primarily be focused on keeping you up-to-date on my creation of a new gaming world for the Warhammer FRP/AD&D game system hybrid I run in my own games. I've loved the feel of WFRP since the beginning, but hated the game world provided by the designers as it was really just a re-imagining of England and Europe. It would be like Gygax and friends creating D&D using a United States map as their gaming world template. The downside to WFRP for me is the overly-complicated resolution tables for combat, so I use the D&D system for combat, for speed of game and ease of use. As this project goes along, I'll probably be making some modifications and house rules for my system, and I'll keep you up to date on those as well.
And just to keep you from complete boredom, I will also be giving reviews (yes, game publishers, I will accept review copies, hint, hint!), spouting off my opinion on gaming and gamers, and writing about anything else I feel strongly about at the time.
So again, I welcome you to the internet home of my written word, and thank you profusely for reading this initial blog post. Hopefully I will entertain and interest you in future posts and you will keep coming back. So until next time, may your travels be safe, your friends near and may all your hits be crits.

No comments:
Post a Comment